Egypt

Image 83 of 201
< Prev Next >

Luxor_7690.jpg

The first Pylon was built by Ramses II who ruled Egypt from 1279-1213 BC. The pink granite obelisk and two 46 foot high colossi of Ramses II stand by the gateway into the temple.The temple was dedicated to the Theban Triad of  Amun,Mut and Khonsu.The town of Luxor occupies the eastern part of a great city of antiquity which the ancient Egytians called Waset and the Greeks named Thebes.
twitterlinkedinfacebook