Egypt

Image 184 of 201
< Prev Next >

Luxor_3:15.jpg

The avenue of Sphinxes that connected the Temple complex at Karnak to the Temple complex at Luxor.The first Pylon of the Temple at Luxor was built by Ramses II who ruled Egypt from 1279-1213 BC. The pink granite obelisk and two 46 foot high colossi of Ramses II stand by the gateway into the temple.The temple was dedicated to the Theban Triad of Amun,Mut and Khonsu.The town of Luxor occupies the eastern part of a great city of antiquity which the ancient Egytians called Waset and the Greeks named Thebes.
twitterlinkedinfacebook