Egypt

Image 192 of 201
< Prev Next >

luxor.jpg

A caleche (carriage) on the Sharia Al-Corniche in front of the Temple at Luxor.The First Pylon of the Temple complex was raised by Ramses II who ruled  Egypt from 1279-1213 BC and the Colonnade was built in the time of Amenhotep III who ruled from 1391-1353 or 1388-1351 BC.The Temple was dedicated to the Theban Triad of  Amun,Mut and Khonsu.The town of Luxor occupies the eastern part of a great city of antiquity which the ancient Egytians called Waset and the Greeks named Thebes.
twitterlinkedinfacebook